Frequently asked questions
The fares of Rederij Doeksen have been determined by the Ministry of Transport, Public Works and Water Management during the Public Service Contract in the 90s. Since then our fares can be increased annually by the National Fares index, which is established by the State. The fares of Rederij Doeksen must be approved by the concessionholder (the Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment), before we are allowed to publish or use them.
- Yes, there are. During the summer months you can get a 20% discount on selected departure times (persons, cars, bicycles). This is the Off-peak fare.
- Groups of 15 people and over can apply for a group discount.
- With Rederij Doeksen senior citizens over 65 can get a discount on showing a valid ID.
- If you often sail to the islands, you can become a member of the Permanent Travellers Programme, then you can benefit from a considerable discount (20%) on your ferry tickets as well as other advantages.
- There are regular promotional discount actions and package deals. Subscribers to our free e-mail newsletter will be the first to receive information about this.
This is at the request of the municipalities of Terschelling and Vlieland. Tourist tax is levied via the ferry ticket on the first day (without overnight stay) and for overnight accommodation on the island (to the provider of the accommodation). Tourist tax is invested in tourist activities and events, maintenance of roads and bicycle paths, clearing up litter, etc. If you wish for futher information on this topic, please get in touch with the municipalities of Terschelling or Vlieland.
You cannot get a refund from the municipality for the first day tourist tax (levied via the ferry ticket). If you are eligible for exemption of tourist tax, because e.g. you are working on the island, then the accommodation provider will not charge you tourist tax. You should report this to the accommodation provider prior to your stay. Further information from the municipalities of Terschelling and Vlieland.
No, that is not the case.
No, you don’t pay any V.A.T. on your tickets. (V.A.T. 0-fare).
No, it is not valid on any of our services.